Wednesday, October 19, 2011

King Kong rides a tricycle and other baffling mysteries.

Today started out great, kids were relatively well behaved, I even succeeded in ironing my lovey's gathered shirt without making way more gathers than were intended. (I always have trouble with gathered shirts) With all of the kid's events lately sometimes it almost feels like Zoe and I don't get a chance to take a breath. Football ends today though, and then Basketball starts in January, at least maybe we will have a break for a month or two.

The Petey tried to kill me this morning, ( The Petey is our 2003 PT cruiser, I hate it and I think it knows.) just as I turned onto second street where I usually park,which is about a 9% grade downhill, The Petey stalled. For those of you who don't have power steering or brakes you wouldn't get it but basically it's like the brakes stop working mostly, and the steering becomes heavy as lead. Thanks to my habit of shutting it off mid drive to reset the computer that's been failing for months, I shut it off and on stat, with it still in gear, and it started again. I AM ALIVE!!!! (stupid car).

Here is a picture of a Buddhist monk I often pass in the morning walking from the car to work.
Sometimes I wonder if asking him for a blessing would be rude....He smiles at me as I pass, a bright orange spot of sunshine in the grey world that Seattle usually is... It must be difficult to meditate in the chaos that surrounds us in this city....I most often see him walking along the path under I-5 along the waterfront, looking off at the Seattle skyline... It does look peaceful from across lake union, maybe if I close my eyes I can feel the vibrations from the city, but for the moment I like to see it as quiet and calm with my personal soundtrack playing on my earbuds for effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment